Dear John - Pain

| |

Songs make us reminisce every bit of emotions, either it is painful or not, it has the capability of making us feel it over and over again. Nothing's worse than having those pains and thoughts again after trying hard to forget. 

The song Dear John by Taylor Swift, which is also composed by her, tells about a story of a girl who is taken for granted by his ex boyfriend. It talks about a young lady being used and played by a guy. Swift is known for writing her own songs, and gossips allegedly implied that it is penned about John Mayer, his ex, a band member.

You paint me a blue sky and go back and turn it to rainAnd I lived in your chess game, but you changed the rules everydayWondering which version of you I might get on the phone tonightWell, I stopped picking up and this song is to let you know why
Dear John, I see it all now that you're goneDon't think I was too young to be messed with?The girl in the dress cried the whole way homeI should've known
Well, maybe it's just me and my blind optimism to blameOr maybe it's you and your sick need to give love then take it awayAnd you'll add my name to your long list of traitors who don't understandAnd I'll look back and regret how I ignored when they said run as fast as you can

I am actually asking myself why is this song the first one I chose to discuss. At one point, I thought it isn't even interesting, so why should I waste time? But just some minute later, I subconsciously played and sang it again trying to voice out the lyrics correctly and this made me decide to realize my initial plan, hahaha!  Let me tell you how I once felt with this song. Here's how the story goes..
I have this ex boyfriend named closely to "John". He is a player. He is stupid. He is a living nightmare. LOL. He also made me feel I'm special, well actually, that's the same way how he treats ALL her girls (Yeah, ALL her GIRLS). He also made me fall for him. He also made me go out of sanity (haha, almost). He also made me think I am the only one. Unfortunately, it was just a game. He only gave me false hopes. He only hurt me. The only thing he offered me are fake smiles. He made me cry. He made me think I am not worth it. I don't know if I should call it fate but at that time, I was also 19 years old then. Whenever I go home to take my weekend vacation, my mother kept on asking me if things are still going right. Maybe, she's noticing me being a little bit unusual, the good thing is she never found out about this whole crazy thing. Then I was awakened by all his lies.  

  

0 comments:

Post a Comment